NoteThe information in this tutorial applies to accounts with the Portfolio Financials product in Procore. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
To add a new Portfolio Financials project in Procore.
Portfolio Financials projects are created from the Dashboard tool. After a new project is added, you will be taken to the Project Page, where you can add items such as milestones, costs, documents, and team information.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Building Admin' or 'Company Admin' in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning.
- From the Dashboard in Portfolio Financials, click Add New Project.
- Fill out the following fields as necessary:
Note: An asterisk (*) indicates a field is required.
- Building*: Select the building that the project is assocated with .
- Project Name*: Enter the name of the project.
Tip! You can add additional information to the project name, such as job codes, to make the project easier to locate in Procore.
- Project Type*: Select the type of project from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you have 'Company Admin' permissions for Portfolio Financials and want to add a custom project type, click Manage. See Can I customize the project type options in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning?
- Fiscal Year: Select the fiscal year from the drop-down menu.
- Stage*: Select the stage of the project from the drop-down menu.
- Description: Enter a description for the project.
Tip! The description can be searched from the Dashboard search bar.
- Project Size (square feet): Enter the size of the project in square feet.
- Units: Enter the units of the project.
- Start Date*: Click into the field to select a date from the calendar for the project's start date.
- End Date*: Click into the field to select a date from the calendar for the project's end date.
- Duration (weeks): Enter the number of weeks that the project will exist.
NoteYou may see additional settings on this page if add-on features, such as Cost Allocations and Components or Tenant Improvement Allowance, have been enabled for your organization's account in Procore. See Enable Cost Allocations and Components for a Project in Portfolio Financials and Enable Tenant Improvement Allowance for a Project in Portfolio Financials. Reach out to your Procore point of contact with any questions regarding add-on features.
- When you are ready to save the new project, click Add.